Views: 2732, Replies: 1 » Jump to the end
May 11, 2020 8:21 AM CST
I got Pilea pubescens silver cloud,15 cm/6 inch tall (so it's small).
I cannot find any detailed info on how to care about the plant.
I would like to know:
1. How often should i water it
2. Should I pour water directly into the flower pot or the plant has fragile roots and it should be only watered "from the bottom",
that is the water should be placed only in the flower stand?
3. Should i sprinkle the leaves with water?
4. How often should I put it into a bigger flower pot?
5. Any other info with is crucial :)
Thank you in advance for your help, i will be very grateful to get the answers :)
Name: Will Creed
Prof. plant consultant & educator
May 11, 2020 8:59 AM CST
| Weronika - Your new plant has a small root system and can stay in that pot for a very long time.
Let the top 2-3 cm of soil get dry to your touch and then water it slowly from the top until some water runs through the drain holes.
Keep it in a location that is very bright and where it can get a few hours of direct sun each day, such as a north or east windowsill.
No need to mist it as it does fine in low humidity.
Horticultural Help, NYC
Contact me directly at [email protected]
I now have a book available on indoor plant care
|« Garden.org Homepage
« Back to the top
« Forums List
« Ask a Question forum