I'm hoping I can get some help/answers here as google unsurprisingly gave me some confusing information.
As the UK went into lockdown due to COVID, I took one of my colleague's plants from the office to look after while we're all working from home. It's a Philodendron scandens and I've had it with me since 12th March.
It was looking great for several weeks until maybe 4 weeks ago when I spotted the first yellow leaf at the base of the plant. And then another one. My colleague said it was fine as that happens to plants often. I removed the leaves but it's been getting them more and more since then. Some leaves have curled near the stem, again at the base of the plant, and generally it seem a bit paler.
I think I tend to be more of an overwaterer so recently I've been trying really hard to correct that when I water plants. Generally speaking, I've been watering the Philodendron every 1-2 weeks, leaning more towards the 2 weeks mark, and I have been checking the top soil beforehand. In the office the plant will have been succumbed to constant (ish) temperature and probably very dry air because of the A/C, and it was watered once a week. Plus, it was not getting that much light. However, now I suppose because it's in an apartment the humidity is probably a little bit higher, the temperature varies a lot more, and because I have kept it on a North-Northwestern window sill which actually gets quite a lot of bright light during the day, with only a bit of sun (when it got sunny I moved the plant away), maybe it's a bit shocked. I keep reading lots of contradicting info about how much light P. scandens needs so it's hard to judge where it needs to be but since it was thriving in the office, I've now moved it about a meter and a half away from the window.
It's also had a few new leaves (one came out 2-3 days ago) and it looks like it's preparing to release a couple more unless it's now stunted. So, I can't work out what's going on. I gave it some fertiliser on 19th May as some websites suggested the yellowing might be due to nutrient deficiency during the growth season, but I don't know how soon I should be seeing a difference if it even helps at all. It would be great if anyone here knows what might be happening to it as it's not mine and I'd feel really bad if I killed it.
How it looked a month after I took it home:
How it looks now: