I live in the Canary Islands. I bought this poinsettia at Christmas time. The poinsettia lives in a warm living room, with lots of light but no direct sunlight. It is approximately 25 degrees Celsius throughout the day and night in this room.
It has never lost its red leaves, and keeps growing upwards. It has lots of new growth at the top. However, it seems to be permanently drooping. Lots of the lower leaves are curling and/or dropping off. One is yellow with brown spots.
I have tried not watering it much (it stays the same) or watering it every day (it stays the same). I gave it some plant food but no difference. What could be wrong?
- How often should I water it?
- Might it need a bigger pot?
- Should I move it into a cooler room?
- How much light does it need? (The cooler room is quite dark)
- Should I prune it?
- Can it possibly survive this heat throughout the approaching summer? I am quite fond of it and would be sad if its death was inevitable!