Post a reply

Image
Jul 31, 2020 1:12 PM CST
Name: Stefan
SE europe(balkans) (Zone 6b)
Cactus and Succulents Sempervivums Bromeliad Adeniums Bookworm Sedums
Tropicals Fruit Growers Foliage Fan Orchids Bulbs Apples
Thumb of 2020-07-31/skopjecollection/5c2c8e

Mountain clearing, altitude at 1700 m. Above the treeline
Last edited by skopjecollection Jul 31, 2020 1:15 PM Icon for preview
Image
Jul 31, 2020 3:04 PM CST
Name: Daisy I
Reno, Nv (Zone 6b)
Not all who wander are lost
Garden Sages Plant Identifier
Which leaves go with the flower? I think its a geranium flower and the right leaves are off to the middle right.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming...."WOW What a Ride!!" -Mark Frost

President: Orchid Society of Northern Nevada
Webmaster: osnnv.org
Image
Jul 31, 2020 10:13 PM CST
Name: Stefan
SE europe(balkans) (Zone 6b)
Cactus and Succulents Sempervivums Bromeliad Adeniums Bookworm Sedums
Tropicals Fruit Growers Foliage Fan Orchids Bulbs Apples
DaisyI said:Which leaves go with the flower? I think its a geranium flower and the right leaves are off to the middle right.

No Idea.. We do have wild geraniums, but the flowers are smaller and have long pollinia .
Last edited by skopjecollection Jul 31, 2020 10:14 PM Icon for preview
Image
Aug 1, 2020 2:59 AM CST
Perthshire. SCOTLAND. UK
Garden Photography Region: United Kingdom Plant Identifier
The flowers look similar to Geranium psilostemon.
G. psilostemon, is native to Central Europe and East-Central Asia,

https://www.google.com/search?...

Maybe this is a better match..Geranium subcaulescens...native to Balkans.

https://www.google.com/search?...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...
Last edited by Silversurfer Aug 1, 2020 3:13 AM Icon for preview
Image
Aug 1, 2020 3:53 AM CST
Name: Stefan
SE europe(balkans) (Zone 6b)
Cactus and Succulents Sempervivums Bromeliad Adeniums Bookworm Sedums
Tropicals Fruit Growers Foliage Fan Orchids Bulbs Apples
Silversurfer said:The flowers look similar to Geranium psilostemon.
G. psilostemon, is native to Central Europe and East-Central Asia,

https://www.google.com/search?...

Maybe this is a better match..Geranium subcaulescens...native to Balkans.

https://www.google.com/search?...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...


Everything matches save for the hardiness zone. If Im 6b, this one has got to be 4 or 5 at best, given it grows on mountain tops...
Image
Aug 1, 2020 8:27 AM CST
Perthshire. SCOTLAND. UK
Garden Photography Region: United Kingdom Plant Identifier
Maybe this will help.
Quote from link below....

"Geranium subcaulescens L'Hér. ex DC.

This attractive, eastern Mediterranean mountain species is often cultivated in rock gardens. In the Prespa area it is not uncommon in meadows at high altitude (1800-2200 m) on Mt Varnous, and also scattered on the somewhat lower limestone mountains."


https://www.balkantracks.com/p...
Image
Aug 1, 2020 8:57 AM CST
Name: Stefan
SE europe(balkans) (Zone 6b)
Cactus and Succulents Sempervivums Bromeliad Adeniums Bookworm Sedums
Tropicals Fruit Growers Foliage Fan Orchids Bulbs Apples
Silversurfer said:
Maybe this will help.
Quote from link below....

"Geranium subcaulescens L'Hér. ex DC.

This attractive, eastern Mediterranean mountain species is often cultivated in rock gardens. In the Prespa area it is not uncommon in meadows at high altitude (1800-2200 m) on Mt Varnous, and also scattered on the somewhat lower limestone mountains."


https://www.balkantracks.com/p...


Too south. Not at prespa. Different climate....
Also shorter
Last edited by skopjecollection Aug 1, 2020 9:02 AM Icon for preview
Only the members of the Members group may reply to this thread.
Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by dormantsrule and is called "Spring"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.