For the past few years, leafminer has become a bigger problem each year. Last year my daylilies look so bad because of leafminer I vowed to try to do something this year to solve the problem.
Now, I am not saying the problem is solved, but it is definitely over 90 percent better than it was last year...once again, I can not say it is definitely due to something I have done. Could be the weather, or other natural causes. However,
due to the weather forecast the weather for the next three days looks favorable for spraying. I thought I would go double check the progress. Even though I am out in the garden everyday, I seem to have a one track mind and don't seem to be able to focus but on one task at a time, so I have to make special trips out to check on everything.
So I did find some leaf miner damage, but it was only on a few plants and only one or two leaves per plant. Now that is a huge improvement over almost every plant and almost every leaf and with more than one mine per leaf on many.
I purchased a quart of Abamectin 0.15EC Select and I have sprayed once every two weeks for about three months now. I used 1/2 tsp. per gal. and I just want to say how pleased I am with the results.
I would love to know if anyone out there has had success with this product also, or if you have had success with any other product against daylily leafminer.