As per @EscondidoCal
's request, I went back to my original crops of the ninebark bloom clusters. There was a wide range in size among the original crops, all of which got re-sized (down-sized) to 1 inch x 1 inch at 300 pixels per inch for insertion into the banner composite. I decided to make some quick composites of the various crops in their original sizes and show them here. That way I could game the NGA algorithm for resizing by giving the composites an aspect ratio that's higher than it is wide. If you haven't already figured that out, that's the way to get the uploads to use the entire vertical dimension of the display. I made more initial crops than I actually used, and rather than try to figure out which of the originals I did use, I just plopped them into the composites in the order of my initial numbering scheme.
Unfortunately, the one Cal was particularly interested in was one of the smallest originals, just 1.4 inches square. I enlarged it to 3 inches square, and did a little additional processing to tease out a few more details, but I'm afraid seeing any more useful details about the beetle, or whatever insect it is, is a lost cause.
And finally, here's a vertical or portrait format crop of one of the three original full resolution images from which I made the bloom cluster crops. You can see the lovely deep purple foliage that makes these shrubs such good accent shrubs in landscaping.