purpleinopp said:Compare to root aphids/mealybugs
LeftLion10 said:Ah okay, thank you so much!
As i repot it, do you think I could remove the infected roots? The water goes straight through when I water it now so I think it is quite root bound.
Do I need to be concerned about it spreading to the other plants?
DaisyI said:Its either a slime mold or a fungus (there seems to be a lot of discussion amongst the 'experts' as to which). The only thing they agree on is its harmless. Its caused by high humidity and poor air flow. Don't change your repotting plans.
Hamwild said:Not all fungi are harmful. Mushrooms are fungi too.
Hamwild said:I don't believe mold and fungus are synonymous.
I'm sure Daisy's advice still holds though. Without enough moisture, the mold/fungus should die off.