DAYLILY TALES ~ 2016
Juli is joining with Char to bring back…. DAYLILY TALES
, a Fun Writing Contest for Daylily Lovers!
The contest is open to ALL ATP MEMBERS. All you have to do is ENTER for a chance to WIN!
There will be THREE winners, chosen by YOUR votes!
FIRST PLACE: 150 ACORNS !
SECOND PLACE: 100 ACORNS !
THIRD PLACE: 50 ACORNS !
Write a short story using the names of daylilies found in the ATP database or the AHS database as the primary text of your story.
(Please keep in mind that ATP is a family oriented site.)
Here are the rules:
• Each person is allowed to submit ONE
story. Your story should be approximately 150 to 500 words.
• Our theme is “Valentines”
Stories could be about going on dates, forgotten anniversaries, a couples cruise, blind dates, getting engaged, Valentine’s Day party, a love story…. I keep picturing Lady and the Tramp with the spaghetti
• Use the registered names of daylilies to tell your story. Daylily names must be found in the ATP or AHS database. Please do not attach images or link images from the database.
• Use all capital letters for the names of the daylilies within the text of your story. Submit a list and count of all the daylily names you used at the end of your story. The name count will be used in case of a tie for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place.
• Make sure your story has a title for people to use when voting.
• Your story must be submitted in secret by Tree-mail to Char
no later than 9:00 pm Eastern time February 12th 2016.
Until voting is over -- please keep secret which story you wrote!
Here is how the stories will be posted and you will vote for the winner:
• Your story will be copied and pasted from your entry Tmail just as you wrote it (with no editing) and posted to a separate Contest Story thread, on February 14th 2016.
The stories will be posted anonymously by Char.
• After the stories are finished being posted, ALL ATP MEMBERS
are invited to vote. To vote
send a tree-mail to Char
listing your favorite stories by their titles in order for First, Second and Third place.
• Voting will close at 9:00pm Eastern time on February 19th 2016. Votes will be counted and the winners announced on February 21st 2016.
• The story with the most votes will be the winner. In case of a tie for any of the three placings, the story that uses the most daylily names will break the tie. Only daylily names in capital letters and listed will be counted, check your names carefully - for instance “IF” is a daylily name! However, if you use the same daylily name multiple times in your story, it will only count once in a tiebreaker. NOTE
- Some daylily names can have a name within a name for example ‘Malaysia’ is in ‘Malaysian Spice’. If you use ‘Malaysian Spice’ and not ‘Malaysia’ separately, ‘Malaysia’ does not count in your word count.
To verify the names you are using and to help you find names to use in your story....
Here is a link to the ATP daylily specific database The Daylilies Database
Here is a link to the AHS database http://www.daylilies.org/Dayli...