Bulbs forum: Help with ID, please

Views: 327, Replies: 3 » Jump to the end
Name: Ann
northcentral OK (Zone 6b)
Mar 26, 2016 5:50 PM CST
This just showed up at the end of a row of tall solid yellow Daffodils. It is very short. What is the term used to describe this type of cup? Any guesses on its name?
Thank you! Ann
Thumb of 2016-03-26/Bloombuddie/8e888c

(Zone 8b)
Mar 29, 2016 7:08 PM CST
Looks similar to Sir Watkins.
Name: Ann
northcentral OK (Zone 6b)
Mar 29, 2016 9:02 PM CST
Thank you for a place to start looking. Ann
Name: Neal Linville
Winchester, KY (Zone 6a)
Charter ATP Member I was one of the first 300 contributors to the plant database! Bulbs Cottage Gardener Roses Irises
Garden Ideas: Level 2 Celebrating Gardening: 2015
Apr 3, 2016 7:54 AM CST
Ann, that's an interesting looking bloom, I don't recall seeing another like it. Has your row of daffodils been there for some time or newly planted? That cup shape is what Brent and Becky's describes as "demitasse cups".

Could be one classified as miniature, and I don't know much about those.
"...and don't think the garden loses its ecstasy in winter. It's quiet, but the roots are down there riotous." Rumi

« Garden.org Homepage
« Back to the top
« Forums List
« Bulbs forum
You must first create a username and login before you can reply to this thread.

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "August Caladiums"