blueeyes said:Hi all,
We've got an overload of cucumbers this year, so I am trying some refrigerator pickles. The canner needs new seals and it's just me anyway, so no need to go crazy canning right now. I've done the basic recipe but spruced it up some with garlic and dill. Now I am looking for some new recipes to try!
Hi Kim, don't know if you have this one, but this is quick and easy and make good pickles.
Garlic Dill Pickles Recipe
• 3 quarts water
• 1 quart vinegar
• 6 ounces salt
• Dill weed
• 3 cloves garlic per quart of pickles
• Cucumbers cleaned and sliced into chips or wedges.
• 1 teaspoon pickling spice per quart
1. Dissolve salt in the water and vinegar.
2. Place a layer of dill weed into a clean quart sized canning jar.
3. Clean and slice pickling cucumbers into chips or wedges.
4. Pack sliced pickles into jar.
5. Add pickling spice.
6. Coarsely chop 3 cloves of garlic and add to the jar.
7. Add brine to completely cover pickles.
8. Let stand at room temperature for 7-10 days.
9. Refrigerate and use when desired.