Post a reply

Avatar for glamourgill
Jun 14, 2016 4:28 PM CST

Apparently, I need to remove ALL THE FLOWER PETALS. Is that correct? Also, I read some info on line that mentioned pinching the flower off and a little bit of the STEM along wth the flower? That sounds odd? Can you explain to me exactly how to do this?
Jun 14, 2016 5:30 PM CST
Name: Jean
Prairieville, LA (Zone 9a)
Charter ATP Member Plant Identifier The WITWIT Badge Celebrating Gardening: 2015 Garden Sages
Welcome to NGA Welcome!

As a flower dies, the process of removal is called deadheading.

To make a plant fuller/bushier and encourage new growth and flowering is referred to as Pinching
Only the members of the Members group may reply to this thread.
Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Versicolor and is called "Japanese Snowball Bush"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.