Views: 409, Replies: 7 » Jump to the end
Jul 25, 2016 12:54 AM CST
|I came out yesterday evening and looking at the flower beds I saw mold everywhere! Then looking closer I found that what is molding is the slug poison granules. More than one month ago I used iron phosphate against slugs. |
I don't know what happens, or if it's normal because it have to decay anyway now every granule of it has white mold and the beds are full of it.
I sprayed water with peroxide when I saw it, but this morning is no better. So I'm thinking of scratching it out from the soil.
Or is it normal?
It's the first time I use it!
Jul 25, 2016 6:31 AM CST
|I've never used it but if you look on Google using keywords Sluggo mold there are several results. You might also be interested in this article I read a while back:|
Jul 25, 2016 7:04 AM CST
|Many thanks Sue, I read a similar article in Italian. Now, I don't mind for biological or not, the choice of iron phsospate was made only thinking that iron could be beneficial to plants.|
I didn't find anything about molding, in italian, I only found the sale for another slug poison (the one I used before) that said "it doesn't mold". Enough for me!
I scratched the upper part of the soil with all those white mold granules and throw everything in the garbage bin. Never again!
Jul 26, 2016 7:14 AM CST
|well I can't imagine the mold would last very long a few days? doesn't it need moisture? Just don't water for a few days Is the mold bad for plants? Mold occurs in nature|
Jul 26, 2016 7:16 AM CST
|Frillily, it happened without rains..I don't know if it's good for plants or not, it was horrible.|
Jul 26, 2016 3:55 PM CST
|That's odd... I've had to resort to Sluggo here, and I haven't seen anything like that... I use it sparingly, and mostly in places where my dog won't be exposed to it. I'll never go back to the old, messy toxic stuff (metaldehyde?). |
Celebrating daylily season, one of many daylily seedlings...
Jul 27, 2016 12:44 AM CST
But it happened. Maybe too humid but not enough water I don't know why
NSW-Qld border Australia
Aug 5, 2016 7:28 AM CST
|Sometimes a bit of beer in a bottle on the side entices and drowns them. I recall putting a squeezed half orange shell upside down leaning on a small stick so they could get in. In the morning slugs were on the shell. They r hard to kill as they are rubbery and slimy. I cut them with a narrow sharp rock or the edge of a brick. Or grind them on a rough flat surface like cement or a fired clay paver.|