Views: 314, Replies: 2 » Jump to the end
Aug 28, 2016 1:34 AM CST
|I discovered a large pizza sized white mold growing around a small ornamental bush it also climbed up the bush and is wrapped around all the fine branches & leafs about the size of an extra large grapefruit. I was able to remove it from the soil but it is next to impossible to get it off the bush. Should I dig up & destroy the bush ? It is between a Forsythia bush and a another bush that the branches spread out and have small thick dark green leaves with white berries that turn bright red. We have had a lot of rain & I had not had the opportunity to weed or clean out under the bushes for a while. ( the mold is white thick & leathery with round lumps & vertical projections about the size of a small matchstick with a strong fungus mushroom odor)|
Aug 28, 2016 6:46 AM CST
|No need to destroy the bushes , the slime is unsightly but shouldn't harm the plants.
trying to remove it while still rubbery is a pain . it will eventually dry and you can hose it off with a stiff spray .
You may want to trim the lower limbs of your shrubs for more air and light . You will have less fungus problems.
And welcome to NGA
Keep believing ,hoping,and loving
all else is just existing.
Name: Philip Becker
Fresno California (Zone 8a)
Aug 28, 2016 10:47 AM CST
| Dares !!!😎😎😎
Pictures and where you live are real helpfull for questions ?
Anything i say, could be misrepresented, or wrong.
|« Garden.org Homepage
« Back to the top
« Forums List
« Ask a Question forum