Views: 510, Replies: 2 » Jump to the end
Sep 2, 2016 5:42 PM CST
I have a few blueberry shrubs (rabbit eye, brazleberry and low bush) that I keep in 5 &10 gallon containers. A friend who has several blueberry bushes suggested that I include Happy Frog Fertilizer (Acid loving plants) and more mulch to my maintenance regiment for my berry bushes. He said that it will promote a more productive and sweeter harvest next year.
Just one week later and I now have light colored mushrooms popping up in all of my berry shrub containers!?!?!
Do I just pluck them out or is this a good thing?
Confused in BK NY
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. - Bob Marley
Sep 2, 2016 7:17 PM CST
|Mushrooms don't do any harm to the plants. They are probably toxic, so it is a good idea to remove them. Decaying mulch when kept damp will encourage mushrooms.|
Sep 4, 2016 9:34 PM CST
| they won't hurt your plant but if you have small children that visit your garden it would be a good idea to remove it.
🌿A weed is a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered🌿
|« Garden.org Homepage
« Back to the top
« Forums List
« Vegetables and Fruit forum