Hi all! Our house is safe. Thankfully. The guy who does our yard has done a lot for us from taking out trees to building a wall. Yesterday he very carefully removed the tree from the roof. He also found a small hole in the membrane under the tiles. My husband pulled out silicon and Bruce applied it to the hole. We have 6 or 7 tiles crushed and many others loose. I have a stash of tiles by the back fence so we pulled some out to prepare them to be used whenever the roofer gets back to us.
We took today off. Too much stress. I made chocolate muffins. YUMMMMM. Grilled chicken this pm. When dinner was done, I restarted the Anaheim peppers that died while we were gone. They were tiny seedlings that needed water every day. So I got my gardening fix this evening and will be ready again to go out and sweep leaves, twigs and branches. Other stuff needs work, but that can wait.
Here are a some of pic of the process of removing a palm from a roof. This was a 2-man crew doing the work. My husband is in the yellow shoes.