Views: 494, Replies: 10 » Jump to the end
Name: Sasha Wiseman
Fl. (Zone 8b)
I'm quite frond of plants.
Garden Art Multi-Region Gardener Hummingbirder Keeper of Koi Seed Starter Enjoys or suffers hot summers
Fruit Growers Garden Ideas: Level 2
Image
DaisyRyder
Apr 14, 2017 8:49 AM CST
Around this time of year, my garden wagon becomes an extension of my left arm. And the sound of garden tools clanking and the bouncing of wagon wheels follows me around this vast jungle I call a yard.

For a few years I dreamed about have a red garden wagon. It would help with my garden habits. Piles of plant pots, spades and other garden related accoutrements had gathered in various spots outside ... if I only had a wagon I could tow around, I could easily pick up my messes and take them back to the garden shed.
I even had a picture of a wagon, cut out from a magazine, taped on the fridge for manifestation.

Then one day, a wagon, in the shade of my favorite color blue, showed up in the yard. The husband surprised me with it. It's been years now that I've been dragging ole blue around the perimeter. And I don't know how I ever gardened without it.

Do you have a garden wagon? I'd love to see it.
Here's mine. ;)

Thumb of 2017-04-14/DaisyRyder/306275

Got this idea from MissingRose and her GardenArts thread.
Thumb of 2017-04-14/DaisyRyder/8c4833

Silver bells and cockle shells.
Thumb of 2017-04-14/DaisyRyder/46c459

Thumb of 2017-04-14/DaisyRyder/e2b831

Name: Philip Becker
Fresno California (Zone 8a)
Image
Philipwonel
Apr 14, 2017 12:46 PM CST
Good job organizing !
I like your little helper Buddy ! Thumbs up
Sister uses wagon.
I use wheelbarrow.
But wagon !!! More Fun ! Thumbs up
😎😎😎
Anything i say, could be misrepresented, or wrong.
Name: Amanda
KC metro area, Missouri (Zone 6a)
Roses Zinnias Region: Missouri Cat Lover Dog Lover Bookworm
Native Plants and Wildflowers Region: United States of America Million Pollinator Garden Challenge
Image
pepper23
Apr 14, 2017 7:13 PM CST
Since I live on a hill I need a Gator to use as my wagon. This hill doesn't look steep until you walk it. Hilarious!
Name: Jeanne
Lansing, Iowa (Zone 5a)
Vegetable Grower Birds Region: United States of America
Image
gardenglassgems
Apr 15, 2017 3:52 AM CST
Love your wagon, DaisyRyder. Here is a picture of my wagon attached to the 4-wheeler at the top of the picture and to the left is my other garden helper, our Ranger. I can't do all this gardening without either one.
Thumb of 2017-04-15/gardenglassgems/51627f

The Ranger
Thumb of 2017-04-15/gardenglassgems/da1f01

My Red Wagon
Thumb of 2017-04-15/gardenglassgems/6e0bf3

Yard decor, repurposing, and flowers,
Name: jan
Fresno CA (Zone 8a)
Image
Flowersue
Apr 15, 2017 9:03 AM CST
I love your wagon.I use mine all the time,but it's smaller and red. Hurray!
Name: Yardenman
Maryland (Zone 7a)
Image
Yardenman
Apr 17, 2017 1:57 AM CST
gardenglassgems said:Love your wagon, DaisyRyder. Here is a picture of my wagon attached to the 4-wheeler at the top of the picture and to the left is my other garden helper, our Ranger. I can't do all this gardening without either one.
Thumb of 2017-04-15/gardenglassgems/51627f

The Ranger
Thumb of 2017-04-15/gardenglassgems/da1f01

My Red Wagon
Thumb of 2017-04-15/gardenglassgems/6e0bf3



I think I have that same red wagon. The back latch fails the same way.
Name: Jeanne
Lansing, Iowa (Zone 5a)
Vegetable Grower Birds Region: United States of America
Image
gardenglassgems
Apr 17, 2017 2:27 AM CST
Yes, that back panel comes off sometimes when you are driving so you need to be careful when you don't want to loose what you are hauling. We have had the underside of the wagon welded and may need to have it done again this summer. I use it a lot. I mix up my soil, compost, manure, potting soil and whatever in it.
Yard decor, repurposing, and flowers,
Name: Yardenman
Maryland (Zone 7a)
Image
Yardenman
Apr 17, 2017 2:35 AM CST
gardenglassgems said:Yes, that back panel comes off sometimes when you are driving so you need to be careful when you don't want to loose what you are hauling. We have had the underside of the wagon welded and may need to have it done again this summer. I use it a lot. I mix up my soil, compost, manure, potting soil and whatever in it.


I use bungee cords to hold the back in place. Easier.

Name: Jeanne
Lansing, Iowa (Zone 5a)
Vegetable Grower Birds Region: United States of America
Image
gardenglassgems
Apr 17, 2017 2:40 AM CST
I never thought of that. I may have to put one on the back of the 4-wheeler so I have it if I ever need it. Just the other day when I was driving through the yard, the back fell off. I must have been going too fast with no load on. Whistling I am always rushing to get as much done as possible.
Yard decor, repurposing, and flowers,
Name: Yardenman
Maryland (Zone 7a)
Image
Yardenman
Apr 17, 2017 4:32 AM CST
gardenglassgems said:I never thought of that. I may have to put one on the back of the 4-wheeler so I have it if I ever need it. Just the other day when I was driving through the yard, the back fell off. I must have been going too fast with no load on. Whistling I am always rushing to get as much done as possible.


Oh I invent solutions without even thinking about them sometimes.
Name: Philip Becker
Fresno California (Zone 8a)
Image
Philipwonel
Apr 17, 2017 8:45 AM CST
The tailgate folds down ! Right ?
If not ! Id get some hinges. The next thing i would do is to bolt a 3/4 inch x 4 foot long peice of plywood to tailgate, so i would have a ramp.
Wha da ya think ?
Save the ol back. Thumbs up
😎😎😎
Anything i say, could be misrepresented, or wrong.

« Garden.org Homepage
« Back to the top
« Forums List
« All Things Gardening forum
You must first create a username and login before you can reply to this thread.

Member Login:

Username:

Password:

[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"