Ask a Question forum: looking for suggestions for the elderly

Views: 170, Replies: 2 » Jump to the end

May 25, 2017 3:41 PM CST

I am a code enforcement officer and I am looking any suggestions on getting free help for elderly residents with over grown weeds.
Name: greene
Savannah, GA (Sunset 28) (Zone 8b)
My dogs love me; some people don't.
Deer Bookworm Keeper of Poultry Vermiculture Garden Ideas: Master Level Region: Georgia
Plant Identifier Rabbit Keeper Composter Garden Sages Native Plants and Wildflowers Herbs
May 25, 2017 3:47 PM CST
The Boy Scouts of America!!
Contact your local office and tell them what you need. Many scouts are trying to earn badges and, especially now that school is no longer in session in most places, the scouts are available to assist the elderly. thing. I tried calling the Boy Scout office on the phone...maybe it would be better if you went in person and made an appointment to talk to the correct person, not the one who answers the phone. Just sayin'. Whistling

Oh, and...may I say...that since you are a code enforcement officer who wants to do a good are much nicer, kinder, more human and understanding than the code officers where I live. Good for you!! Thumbs up
Sunset Zone 28, AHS Heat Zone 9, USDA zone 8b~"Leaf of Faith"
Name: kathy
Zone 4b, near St. Clair MI
Cottage Gardener Lilies Organic Gardener
May 25, 2017 4:03 PM CST
See if you have a Council on Aging. Check out their services in the county where you live. Also, Area Agency on Aging 1b. Then also there may be local churches who have committees who sometimes do services.
"Things won are done, joy's soul lies in the doing." Shakespeare

« Homepage
« Back to the top
« Forums List
« Ask a Question forum
Only the members of the Members group may reply to this thread.

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "A Transition "