Views: 205, Replies: 2 » Jump to the end
Northern California (Zone 9b)
May 29, 2017 5:31 PM CST
Earlier today, I noticed some mealy bugs on my house plants (money tree, umbrella tree, spider plant, peace lily). In the past, I've used soap and water on foliage to help this problem. I immediately reached for a soap under the sink- which said unscented and natural. I stuck it in a spray bottle and sprayed the foliage thoroughly. Later, I happened to look at the back of the bottle and noticed it was antibacterial soap (active ingredient triclosan). I got a bottle full of just water and re-sprayed all the leaves in an attempt to wash off the soap....
I am so worried that my plants will die! Has anyone ever made this mistake? Does anyone have any suggestions regarding what methods or products I can use to prevent potential mortality? Thank you all so much!
Name: Philip Becker
Fresno California (Zone 8a)
May 29, 2017 5:37 PM CST
|Just to be sure. Wash off antibacterial soap.
Anything i say, could be misrepresented, or wrong.
May 29, 2017 5:39 PM CST
|I think it will be fine, Summer. You washed it off with plain water.
Handcrafted Coastal Inspired Art SeaMosaics!
|« Garden.org Homepage
« Back to the top
« Forums List
« Ask a Question forum