Ok I didn't take a picture of it though I loved it. My drawing is not that good, but I really want to know what this plant is. I got it at Home Depot years ago.
This is what I know:
1) The leaves and root system looked like a small version of a common orange daylily.
2) no leaves or secondary stems on the single green stem that was strong and straight and held the flower (5-7 inches)
3) one flower head per stem (2-3 inches)
4) The main flower was white and had 6 or so "pockets" all around it on the side. I don't remember exactly what the white flower looked like was it was only an inch or two and was a bit pitiful.
5) i think that either the green pockets were made from the white flower that was green towards the base of the flower OR if the pockets were somehow on the thalamus or the sepal
6) each pocket held about a tsp of water and was pretty open (I could see in them) and grew one violet-looking purple flower (1/2 inch) at a time
7) The white flower stayed alive, but the small purple flowers would die and detach, but remain in the pocket wilting until it was almost nothing.
8)before the large flower could even shed the dead purple flower, another bud would be growing. It was like a chain-smoker, one after the other. Or it may have been similar to when children's teeth fall out of their mouths because a new one is coming in.
9) I don't remember it having a scent.
10) I feel like at one point I thought the name of it began with a C.
11) I have a very very small idea that it may be a type of Bromeliad.
I will be so so happy if someone figures this out!