Views: 189, Replies: 2 » Jump to the end
Regina, Sk Canada
Jul 24, 2017 12:32 PM CST
|HELP!!! My house plants are slowly dying and I don't know what's wrong! They are plants I have had for a few years and now all the leaves are slowly turning yellow and covered in black specs that kinda look like dirt. I've tried various insecticides and fungicide killers and nothing is working!
Jul 24, 2017 2:33 PM CST
|Hello Jenna123, it will help if you can describe:
1) what soil you used for them
2) if containers have drainage holes
3) what is its position indoors like what orientation are the windows, is it north, south, west and east.
4) did you ever repot the plant from the time you initally acquired them
5) did you give it any fertilizer while plant was showing distress
6) do you have a picture of the plant when it was initially acquired or while it was still showing well
7) what watering frequency did you have for them
Name: Will Creed
Professional indoor plant consultan
Jul 25, 2017 2:22 PM CST
|Jenna - We would have to know the identity of the plants that are affected. Photos of each plant that show the entire plant including their pots would be much more helpful than a couple of leaves from a single plant.
Never apply pesticides or fungicides unless you have properly identified the problem first.
Horticultural Help, NYC
I now have a book available on indoor plant care
|« Garden.org Homepage
« Back to the top
« Forums List
« Ask a Question forum