Hello dear members,
I'd like to ask for your help in the identification of the botannical and/or common name of this species (fruit/tree):
It looks like a tree from the ficus genus, however I put all the information I have on it:
- Edible fruit, size of a small lime or strawberry; very tasty: sour, juicy sweet, very sour Skin - does neither taste like a figue nor simliar mouthfeel; the taste is very close to Gooseberry/Kiwi
- Season probably Aug/Sep/Oct as I ate one a few days ago and the were lying fruits on the ground and still many hanging on the tree
- Location: Mexico, Jalisco, Tequila Valley
- A local referred to it as a wild figue, but in my opinion it wasn't neither figue nor plumb like on the inside, yet I know that the ficus genus has a huge variety.
- The fruit was on a tree about 3-4m height
Thanks a lot for any idea o help in identifying it.