The October Not-A-Raffle-Raffle!→And the winners of the October 2017 raffle are.....!

Page 5 of 5 • 1 2 3 4 5
Views: 2548, Replies: 93 » Jump to the end
The October Not-A-Raffle-Raffle!

By dave
October 13, 2017

This is it - the final raffle of the year. Get out your acorns and enter to win one of these great prizes.

[View the item] Give a thumbs up

Name: Critter (Jill)
Frederick, MD (Zone 6b)
We're all learners, doers, teachers
Charter ATP Member Million Pollinator Garden Challenge Critters Allowed Butterflies Hummingbirder Cat Lover
Bee Lover Region: Mid-Atlantic Cottage Gardener Garden Photography Tropicals Hibiscus
Image
critterologist
Nov 5, 2017 9:57 AM CST
I had a very enthusiastic response from them also... I'm getting 3 Red Drift roses to plant in the outer corner of their foundation bed, where I plan to put an American Flag for Dad. (There is still a flag hanging from the big oak tree in front of their previous residence -- it's been a local landmark for decades.) I just picked up a couple of blue salvias to plant between them, and I'll probably add a shasta daisy. Red, white, and blue -- but not in the same fashion as petunias planted in a tractor tire.
I'm learning to dance in the rain. Thank you, Sally & Chris & Sharon.
North Central Massachusetts (N (Zone 5b)
Life & gardens: make them beautiful
Million Pollinator Garden Challenge Bee Lover Garden Photography Cat Lover Butterflies Region: Massachusetts
Image
joannakat
Nov 5, 2017 10:01 AM CST
valleylynn said:Perfect Plants are the nicest of people to do business with. Makes me wish I could meet them in person. They have always been so helpful, and respond so quickly to any questions.


Yes, they are! And so are Hollingsworth Peonies people. Lovey dubby
AKA Joey.
North Central Massachusetts (N (Zone 5b)
Life & gardens: make them beautiful
Million Pollinator Garden Challenge Bee Lover Garden Photography Cat Lover Butterflies Region: Massachusetts
Image
joannakat
Nov 5, 2017 10:05 AM CST
critterologist said:I had a very enthusiastic response from them also... I'm getting 3 Red Drift roses to plant in the outer corner of their foundation bed, where I plan to put an American Flag for Dad. (There is still a flag hanging from the big oak tree in front of their previous residence -- it's been a local landmark for decades.) I just picked up a couple of blue salvias to plant between them, and I'll probably add a shasta daisy. Red, white, and blue -- but not in the same fashion as petunias planted in a tractor tire.


Small suggestion if it's okay--for blue, hyacinth is amazing. Comes back year after year without any upkeep or care and the colors can be stunning, especially when paired with red. They come up early spring and stick around for a nice amount of time.

These aren't fully blue (they're grape) but they might give you a hint.



AKA Joey.
Name: Critter (Jill)
Frederick, MD (Zone 6b)
We're all learners, doers, teachers
Charter ATP Member Million Pollinator Garden Challenge Critters Allowed Butterflies Hummingbirder Cat Lover
Bee Lover Region: Mid-Atlantic Cottage Gardener Garden Photography Tropicals Hibiscus
Image
critterologist
Nov 5, 2017 10:21 AM CST
Thanks, Joanna! I do have some bicolor muscari (very blue with white tops) for that corner, along with little red tulips. Smiling Hmm, white daffs would be good there too!
I'm learning to dance in the rain. Thank you, Sally & Chris & Sharon.
Name: Margaret
Near Kamloops, BC, Canada (Zone 3a)
Region: Canadian Lover of wildlife (Black bear badge) Tip Photographer Garden Ideas: Master Level I was one of the first 300 contributors to the plant database! Charter ATP Member
Morning Glories Critters Allowed Birds Houseplants Butterflies Garden Photography
Image
mcash70
Nov 5, 2017 12:28 PM CST
Congrats to all the winners!!

As usual the video was fun to watch, thanks Dave and kids. Thumbs up
North Central Massachusetts (N (Zone 5b)
Life & gardens: make them beautiful
Million Pollinator Garden Challenge Bee Lover Garden Photography Cat Lover Butterflies Region: Massachusetts
Image
joannakat
Nov 5, 2017 1:54 PM CST
critterologist said:Thanks, Joanna! I do have some bicolor muscari (very blue with white tops) for that corner, along with little red tulips. Smiling Hmm, white daffs would be good there too!


Sounds like Seafoam, and sounds beautiful! They'll love it.
AKA Joey.
Name: Critter (Jill)
Frederick, MD (Zone 6b)
We're all learners, doers, teachers
Charter ATP Member Million Pollinator Garden Challenge Critters Allowed Butterflies Hummingbirder Cat Lover
Bee Lover Region: Mid-Atlantic Cottage Gardener Garden Photography Tropicals Hibiscus
Image
critterologist
Nov 5, 2017 8:14 PM CST
I think this one is 'Peppermint," but there are several white & blue varieties that look pretty similar to me.
I'm learning to dance in the rain. Thank you, Sally & Chris & Sharon.
Mentor on the Lake, Ohio (Zone 5b)
Winter Sowing Plant and/or Seed Trader Cat Lover Million Pollinator Garden Challenge
Image
Samlav
Nov 8, 2017 9:54 PM CST
Thumb of 2017-11-09/Samlav/787dfb
Thumb of 2017-11-09/Samlav/448bb1
Thumb of 2017-11-09/Samlav/9f9d6b
Thumb of 2017-11-09/Samlav/1a0d1d
They arrived today! They were packed neatly in box, with bamboo poles holding the plants in in place, on top of wet, white paper over the dirt, sides covered by plastic, tied with plastic ties. Instructions and a fertilizer pack for each rose were enclosed. They were beautiful. Today, November 8, would have been my mom and dad's anniversary and tomorrow would be her birthday if they were still on earth with me. I have fond memories of us working in our rose garden together while I was growing up, picking off Japenese beetles, pruning, and making bouquets of them for my teachers. As I planted the Drifts today they joined a red rose that I have managed to keep alive from my youth. It was a very special day. Thanks for the raffle and thanks Perfect Plants!
Pictured above are 2 Sweet Drifts and 1 Pink Drift. On the label of the Pink Drift it says, if you can dig a hole you can plant a star! Well, they are all stars to me. nodding Thank You!
North Central Massachusetts (N (Zone 5b)
Life & gardens: make them beautiful
Million Pollinator Garden Challenge Bee Lover Garden Photography Cat Lover Butterflies Region: Massachusetts
Image
joannakat
Nov 8, 2017 10:14 PM CST
Samlav said:Thumb of 2017-11-09/Samlav/787dfb
Thumb of 2017-11-09/Samlav/448bb1
Thumb of 2017-11-09/Samlav/9f9d6b
Thumb of 2017-11-09/Samlav/1a0d1d
They arrived today! They were packed neatly in box, with bamboo poles holding the plants in in place, on top of wet, white paper over the dirt, sides covered by plastic, tied with plastic ties. Instructions and a fertilizer pack for each rose were enclosed. They were beautiful. Today, November 8, would have been my mom and dad's anniversary and tomorrow would be her birthday if they were still on earth with me. I have fond memories of us working in our rose garden together while I was growing up, picking off Japenese beetles, pruning, and making bouquets of them for my teachers. As I planted the Drifts today they joined a red rose that I have managed to keep alive from my youth. It was a very special day. Thanks for the raffle and thanks Perfect Plants!
Pictured above are 2 Sweet Drifts and 1 Pink Drift. On the label of the Pink Drift it says, if you can dig a hole you can plant a star! Well, they are all stars to me. nodding Thank You!


Absolutely lovely! Both the pictures and your story. Thank you for posting both!
AKA Joey.
Name: Leslie
Chapin, SC (Zone 8a)
Keeps Sheep Daylilies Hybridizer Garden Photography Cat Lover Hummingbirder
Birds Region: South Carolina Plant and/or Seed Trader Celebrating Gardening: 2015 Garden Ideas: Level 2 Avid Green Pages Reviewer
Image
Lalambchop1
Dec 9, 2017 9:46 AM CST
I apologize for this being so long after the swap. The fault is mine. I had such a hard time deciding which plants I wanted from Perennial Obsessions. Wow. I am thrilled with this new succulent source. Cynda Foster couldn't have been more supportive and wonderful to work with. She was patient with my taking such a long time.

I'm pretty new to succulents and want to build a significant rockery. These plants will be the base and with Valleylynn's help we'll get there.

Once I had made my decision and added a few over the gift cert amount the plants came very quickly with an added bonus from Cynda "because it's so cute". She's the best. I was very impressed with her generosity. She sent not only one rosette of the semps but several babies if there were any attached. Sorry some of the pics are fuzzy but I was out between showers and it was cold!
Thumb of 2017-12-09/Lalambchop1/875798

Thumb of 2017-12-09/Lalambchop1/c5e906 Thumb of 2017-12-09/Lalambchop1/71c93a

In short, I highly recommend Perennial Obsesesions! Thank you Cynda. This may be a new obsession for me. Smiling

Leslie

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
Name: Lynn
Oregon City, OR (Zone 8b)
Charter ATP Member Garden Sages I helped plan and beta test the plant database. I helped beta test the Garden Planting Calendar I was one of the first 300 contributors to the plant database! Plant Database Moderator
Forum moderator I helped beta test the first seed swap Million Pollinator Garden Challenge Celebrating Gardening: 2015 Plant and/or Seed Trader Garden Ideas: Master Level
Image
valleylynn
Dec 9, 2017 4:50 PM CST
Wow, you are going to have so much fun with all of those Leslie. Hurray!
Yes, Cynda is wonderful to purchase from. I have many plants from her nursery. In the next year or two she will have a bunch more new cultivars from Europe that will be available.
I can't wait. Hurray!
North Central Massachusetts (N (Zone 5b)
Life & gardens: make them beautiful
Million Pollinator Garden Challenge Bee Lover Garden Photography Cat Lover Butterflies Region: Massachusetts
Image
joannakat
Dec 9, 2017 4:59 PM CST
Lalambchop1 said:I apologize for this being so long after the swap.



Not so awfully long. I won't be posting mine until the spring! That's because the prize I chose enabled me to delay shipping until then. They were out of stock of one of the plants I really wanted and so were kind enough to let me reserve one in advance.

I love your beautiful new babies! Made me want to have some too! Congrats! Thumbs up
AKA Joey.
Name: Becky
Sebastian, Florida (Zone 10a)
Celebrating Gardening: 2015 Daylilies Hummingbirder Butterflies Seed Starter Container Gardener
Charter ATP Member I was one of the first 300 contributors to the plant database! Garden Ideas: Master Level Lover of wildlife (Black bear badge) Birds Ponds
Image
beckygardener
Dec 10, 2017 7:49 AM CST
Leslie - Those are some great choices! Thanks for the review about Perennial Obsessions! I will have to check out their website and see what they offer. Congrats on your win!!!

Succulents have found their way into my yard and I love them. Some do really well here! They are nearly maintenance free! Thumbs up
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us.
Garden Rooms and Becky's Budget Garden
Name: Leslie
Chapin, SC (Zone 8a)
Keeps Sheep Daylilies Hybridizer Garden Photography Cat Lover Hummingbirder
Birds Region: South Carolina Plant and/or Seed Trader Celebrating Gardening: 2015 Garden Ideas: Level 2 Avid Green Pages Reviewer
Image
Lalambchop1
Dec 10, 2017 10:14 AM CST
Becky,
Please tell Cynda you heard about them here and appreciate her being a NARR sponsor. I hope she will want to do it again.

Leslie
Leslie

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Page 5 of 5 • 1 2 3 4 5

« Garden.org Homepage
« Back to the top
« Forums List
« The October Not-A-Raffle-Raffle!
You must first create a username and login before you can reply to this thread.

Member Login:

[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "Agastache"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.