Post a reply

Avatar for vivander
Mar 25, 2018 7:37 PM CST

My greenhouse has two hopper windows above the doors in the end walls. I am looking for temperature controlled openers for them.

There are plenty of openers out there for outward opening vents, but I can't find any for hopper style vents.

Hopper vents/windows are hinged on the bottom and open into the building.

Is anyone aware of such an animal?
Mar 26, 2018 1:05 AM CST
Name: Jim
Northeast Pennsylvania (Zone 6b)
My gardens feed my body & my spirit
Greenhouse Vegetable Grower Fruit Growers Seed Starter Canning and food preservation Region: Pennsylvania
Hi @vivander and welcome to the NGA forum! I don't think there is any such animal, at least that I have ever come across. There are expensive electric ones meant for residential and commercial applications I have seen, but even then, I have seen very few that open inward, and these were not sold in the US.
Some of our property projects at Rumble
Apr 17, 2018 12:16 PM CST
Name: Ric Sanders
Dover, Pa. (Zone 6b)
And his children Are his flowers ..
Birds Seed Starter Keeper of Poultry Ponds Region: Pennsylvania Greenhouse
Garden Art Dog Lover Cottage Gardener Butterflies Vegetable Grower Garden Ideas: Master Level
@vivander Welcome! Welcome! I personally use Bayliss openers that operate on a thermal expanding wax. I can;t think of a way to reverse engineer them to open in without exposing the cylinder to the cooler air and closing till they activate again. Confused Ric
Ric of MAF @ DG
You must first create a username and login before you can reply to this thread.
  • Started by: vivander
  • Replies: 2, views: 736
Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )