Views: 187, Replies: 0 » Jump to the end
May 14, 2018 10:26 AM CST
My wife and I recently moved into a new house which has a massive rose bush in our back yard. It's a fantastic specimen and looks pretty old by my untrained eye! The blooms that have popped up over the past few weeks are amazing. Not only do they look great, the entire backyard smells AWESOME. Neither of us have never owned a rose bush, let alone one this size. I'd like to make sure it stays as healthy as possible so it prospers for years/decades to come!
That brings me to my question: What are the general maintenance things I need to do to ensure the health of this plant?
1) How much to water and when?
2) Any good strategies or links to posts about pruning a bush like this?
3) The bush is wired above the windows, do I continue doing this for hanging stems or should I cut them off?
4) Any fertilizer or treatments I need to apply to ensure good health?
5) Any other things we need to do?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
|« Garden.org Homepage
« Back to the top
« Forums List
« Roses forum