Sempervivum forum: 'Excaurus'?????

Views: 302, Replies: 6 » Jump to the end
Name: Annie Schreck
Fort Jones, CA (Zone 7b)
Image
schrecka
May 17, 2018 12:20 PM CST
[Edited and reposted in Chat Photos. Please respond there]

I have a NOID here that I would like y'all to take a crack at. It arrived at our nursery last October labeled as Sempervivum 'Excaurus'. Problem is, Excaurus doesn't exist. I'm thinking it's a very creative misspelling of the actual name, but so far nothing's turned up in my research.

It's tufted and the few stolons it has are light green at the moment. I'll keep watching it, but let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!
Thumb of 2018-05-17/schrecka/787d5e
Thumb of 2018-05-17/schrecka/ab74a7

Name: Bev
Salem OR (Zone 8a)
Sempervivums Container Gardener Foliage Fan Garden Ideas: Master Level Photo Contest Winner: 2014
Image
webesemps
May 17, 2018 12:38 PM CST
Hi Annie! Was wondering if you could do me a favor and repost the above photo (nice NOID, btw) in the Sempervivum Chat 2018 thread as that thread is read by more people. This thread was started with the spirit of appreciating NOids for that they are and not what they are named. Sorry if I sound like the NOid Police...but I am the NOid Police for this thread and if I didn't do my job there would be ID names flying all over the place here in this thread. We've had a few misdemeanors and
a few citations were issued and they got off the hook (They know who they are...).
Thanks in advance
Name: Greg Chrislip
Memphis, TN (Zone 7b)
Sempervivums Cactus and Succulents Bookworm Cat Lover
Image
GregC
May 17, 2018 1:03 PM CST
webesemps said:Sorry if I sound like the NOid Police...but I am the NOid Police for this thread and if I didn't do my job there would be ID names flying all over the place here in this thread. We've had a few misdemeanors and
a few citations were issued and they got off the hook (They know who they are...).
Thanks in advance


Rolling on the floor laughing Rolling on the floor laughing Rolling on the floor laughing Rolling on the floor laughing Whistling
Crazy Entomologist working in Public Health.
Protect Your Self From Coronavirus
Do: Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub ( must have a 60% alcohol). Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze. Avoid close contact (2 meter or 6 feet) with people who are unwell
Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell.

Name: Annie Schreck
Fort Jones, CA (Zone 7b)
Image
schrecka
May 17, 2018 1:08 PM CST
Of course! My apologies
Name: Melissa Hopper
St. Helens, Or (Zone 8a)
Semp addict horse junky dog flunky
Sempervivums Keeps Horses Dog Lover Critters Allowed Enjoys or suffers cold winters Garden Photography
Hummingbirder Region: Oregon
Image
MelissaHopper
May 17, 2018 4:36 PM CST
webesemps said:Hi Annie! Was wondering if you could do me a favor and repost the above photo (nice NOID, btw) in the Sempervivum Chat 2018 thread as that thread is read by more people. This thread was started with the spirit of appreciating NOids for that they are and not what they are named. Sorry if I sound like the NOid Police...but I am the NOid Police for this thread and if I didn't do my job there would be ID names flying all over the place here in this thread. We've had a few misdemeanors and
a few citations were issued and they got off the hook (They know who they are...).
Thanks in advance


Rolling on the floor laughing Whistling I tip my hat to you. Sticking tongue out *Blush* Hilarious!
Name: Lynn
Dallas, OR (Zone 8b)
Charter ATP Member Garden Sages I helped plan and beta test the plant database. I helped beta test the Garden Planting Calendar I was one of the first 300 contributors to the plant database! Plant Database Moderator
Forum moderator I helped beta test the first seed swap Million Pollinator Garden Challenge Celebrating Gardening: 2015 Plant and/or Seed Trader Garden Ideas: Master Level
Image
valleylynn
May 17, 2018 5:04 PM CST

Moderator

Hi Annie. I created you a new thread so it won't get lost in many pages of post.
Would you happen to have the original tag? Some times that can help figure out where the misspelling started.
Name: Bev
Salem OR (Zone 8a)
Sempervivums Container Gardener Foliage Fan Garden Ideas: Master Level Photo Contest Winner: 2014
Image
webesemps
May 17, 2018 6:39 PM CST
schrecka said:[...It's tufted and the few stolons it has are light green at the moment. I'll keep watching it, but let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!
Thumb of 2018-05-17/schrecka/787d5e
Thumb of 2018-05-17/schrecka/ab74a7


Annie, you had mentioned Pacific Hazy Embers in your original post (before that watchful member cited you) and I looked it up in our DB and your "Noid" in question looks very similar to it

Here's your Noid taken this month (?) and Pacific Hazy Embers taken by tabby in May of 2012
Thumb of 2018-05-17/schrecka/787d5e

« Garden.org Homepage
« Back to the top
« Forums List
« Sempervivum forum
Only the members of the Members group may reply to this thread.

Member Login:

Username:

Password:

[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by skopjecollection and is called "Mammillaria heyderi "

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.