Views: 221, Replies: 0 » Jump to the end
May 19, 2018 8:59 AM CST
I'm looking to add Shade to our backyard by planting the "Autumn Fantasy" Maple near the fence as shown in the attached photo.
Would like experience, feedback with these type of trees. Any feedback on points below that you see issues with is welcome as well.
-I live in an area that has winter (snow and ice) and hot summers.
- Chose the Autumn Fantasy Maple because of the branch structure (stronger then original Autumn Blaze Maple I was looking at), fast growth, colours, low maintenance, thrives in various soils easily.
- Main purpose is Shade
- Considering whether to plant one or two along the fence in the photo.
- Considering how close to the fence to plant it. I don't care about it going over the fence as it's the city field beside it (no neighbour).
I have no idea what trees the city planted in the adjacent field.
- Notice the ground is not level.
- There is also a sewage grate on the city side near to the tree on the bottom left corner of the photo.
- Previously we had over 30 year old "pine" type trees in that area which were cut down and stumps grinded. Not sure if the previous root systems will cause problems.
- In the photo, the length along the fence is about 64 feet.
|« Garden.org Homepage
« Back to the top
« Forums List
« Ask a Question forum