I live in Northern California (USDA hardiness zone 9b), and the small patch of grass in my back yard is dying and won't seem to recover. Here are some details:
- Our lawn sprinklers run 4x a week for 2 minutes in the morning
- Ive tried re-seeding the lawn with Scott's brand seed and fertilizer, but it seems to be getting worse
- I try to mow the lawn once every 2 weeks, but sometimes I get lazy
- We have a small dog and she pees on the grass which has definitely caused it to die in patches
- When we bought the house 3 years ago, the grass was beautiful. Its gotten worse over the years.
- What am I doing wrong (besides everything:). Id like to avoid having to spend thousands of dollars re-sodding the lawn