Views: 125, Replies: 4 » Jump to the end
Name: donnell moshen
I live in the uk and the hardiness
Aug 28, 2016 11:20 AM CST
|I recently bought some black bamboo seeds and i really want to know more about it so I have some questions.
1. How long does it take for them to germinate?
2. How long does it take for them to flower?
3. How long does it take for them to grow a runner??
Aug 28, 2016 3:20 PM CST
| to NGA
1. Seed will germinate in 7 - 30 days
2. You can expect flowers in about 50 years
3. Black Bamboo is a clumping bamboo, not a running bamboo.
Aug 28, 2016 3:34 PM CST
DaisyI said: to NGA
I believe Black Bamboo is a running type.
"The common Running Black Bamboo (Phyllostachys nigra) is not a bad choice; except that it's invasive,"
Amazingly, some misinformed sellers still refer to P. nigra as Clumping Bamboo due to its circumstantial growth habits.
Aug 28, 2016 3:46 PM CST
|My black bamboo has never run anyplace. It does expand at an alarming rate though.|
Aug 28, 2016 3:54 PM CST
|Wow! I hope you have room for such a tall variety. Running bamboo can be kept under control by faithfully cutting off all unwanted emerging sprouts. They do not grow back - but a new one will pop up in time.
|« Garden.org Homepage
« Back to the top
« Forums List
« Ask a Question forum