Post a reply

Nov 28, 2021 11:23 AM CST
Name: Michelle
Cheyenne, WY (Zone 5a)
Salvias
Nov 28, 2021 11:26 AM CST
Name: Elena
NYC (Zone 7a)
Bee Lover Vegetable Grower Plant and/or Seed Trader Spiders! Seed Starter Garden Procrastinator
Peonies Organic Gardener Orchids Irises Hybridizer Composter
Lisa, I only do it in relatively short spurts so it's not too bad. And I started a couple of months ago. I could never list a lot if I only had a couple of weeks!
Nov 28, 2021 11:37 AM CST
Name: Christine
North East Texas (Zone 7b)
Shine Your Light!
Heirlooms Native Plants and Wildflowers Organic Gardener Hummingbirder Bee Lover Herbs
Butterflies Dragonflies Birds Cat Lover Dog Lover Garden Photography
Lisa, it's Salvia splendens Grandstand™ Red Lipstick Pink, original seeds from Danita. Unfortunately, the plant doesn't offer lots of seeds.
May your life be like a wildflower, growing freely in the beauty and joy of each day --Native American Proverb

Nov 28, 2021 11:41 AM CST
NYC (Zone 7a)
Bee Lover Vegetable Grower Plant and/or Seed Trader Spiders! Seed Starter Garden Procrastinator
@MrsBinWY I love, love, love Dianthus! I was wondering if you might be able to identify this one I grew from an unnamed mix.

Thumb of 2021-11-28/bxncbx/9deaf2
Thumb of 2021-11-28/bxncbx/9796df

It's about 8-12" and might be biennial as it seems to have died after flowering as a 2-3 yr old plant. It was in a pot with what I think is a deltoides which has a short, spreading habit. That plant is still alive.
Nov 28, 2021 12:11 PM CST
Shine Your Light!
Heirlooms Native Plants and Wildflowers Organic Gardener Hummingbirder Bee Lover Herbs
Beautiful Dianthus!! Lovey dubby Lovey dubby Lovey dubby
May your life be like a wildflower, growing freely in the beauty and joy of each day --Native American Proverb

Nov 28, 2021 12:16 PM CST
Shine Your Light!
@ishareflowers where are you hiding that Verbascum you showed a picture of? I'm not finding it... Sticking tongue out

Nov 28, 2021 12:20 PM CST
Cheyenne, WY (Zone 5a)
Salvias
Crossing Fingers! for your package to make it to The Netherlands on time Lisa!

Regarding germination on your 'China Purple' clematis, I didn't mean for it to sound like the germination percentage was bad! It's likely that there were more seedlings, but I managed to kill them off before I planted them out *Blush* (at which point, some other varmint took on the task of killing them off). The one plant that survived blooms faithfully every year, though Smiling
Nov 28, 2021 12:28 PM CST
Cheyenne, WY (Zone 5a)
Salvias
Lovely mystery Dianthus Elena! (BTW - autocorrect changed that to "Lovely mystery husband" Blinking ) Unfortunately, I'm clueless as to its identity. Do you suppose the folks on the Plant ID forum could help?
Nov 28, 2021 12:34 PM CST
Name: Lisa
Boston, MA. (Zone 6a)
Birds Dog Lover Foliage Fan Hummingbirder Seed Starter Winter Sowing
Avid Green Pages Reviewer
@wildflowers, it's listed as verbascum snowy spires. It was a burpee packet find for me.

@mrsbinwy, I know you weren't saying anything bad but the fact is that's not good germination. I have only been able to get clematis to grow from seed once! It was my first year at seeds too.

I just thought of another beauty that there seems to be no interest, persicaria painters palette. I'm going to add a photo but I have to do it from my phone.
Thumb of 2021-11-28/ishareflowers/4a776e

Thumb of 2021-11-28/ishareflowers/73d4ee
Last edited by ishareflowers Nov 28, 2021 12:47 PM Icon for preview
Nov 28, 2021 12:54 PM CST
Name: Audrey
Pennsylvania (Zone 5b)
Photo Contest Winner 2020
Bxncbx,
That dianthus might be Deptford Pink (Dianthus armeria).
Nov 28, 2021 1:30 PM CST
NYC (Zone 7a)
Yes! That's it! Thank you so much Audrey!
Nov 28, 2021 5:14 PM CST
Shine Your Light!
Hi @JessabelleJLH and anyone else this might help because this isn't the first time this has happened BUT I want to mention because this is one of the flaws of our swapping system:

I noticed that you have tagetes erecta listed in two different colors, yellow & orange. The way you have them listed exactly (except the color in the description) will make a problem for you when it's time to divvy them up. Because---- When you get your list to send what seeds to who, the "comments" won't show up on your "send list".

LUCKILY, there are several ways to fix this, the easiest way I think, at this point would be to change the amount of seeds for one of them. That way you will know the person wants the orange marigolds with "one big pinch", instead of yellow marigolds with "two big pinches", or whatever amount difference you decide.

I hope I'm making sense... feel free to say if I'm not explaining very well or ask any questions. It will probably make more sense when you're trying to divvy up your seeds.

Nov 28, 2021 5:21 PM CST
Name: Jess
Renton, WA (Zone 8b)
Butterflies Houseplants Region: Pacific Northwest
Thanks so much @wildflowers!
Nov 28, 2021 5:23 PM CST
Shine Your Light!
You're very welcome. Welcome! I tip my hat to you.

I was just thinking... one could say "2 big pinches" and the other could say "two big pinches" LOL!

Last edited by wildflowers Nov 28, 2021 5:28 PM Icon for preview
Nov 28, 2021 5:42 PM CST
Name: Jess
Renton, WA (Zone 8b)
Butterflies Houseplants Region: Pacific Northwest
That's exactly what I did! Great minds... Hurray!
Nov 29, 2021 4:43 AM CST
Boston, MA. (Zone 6a)
Tonight's the big night! Hurray!

Here's another one that I'm surprised not one person likes.

Thumb of 2021-11-29/ishareflowers/bfc570

That's my photo. I have it planted under japanese maple. The photo under European columbine is not what mine looks like. I listed it twice and put my own photo in..
Nov 29, 2021 4:53 AM CST
Boston, MA. (Zone 6a)
Thumb of 2021-11-29/ishareflowers/04edc5
Hibiscus starry night

Thumb of 2021-11-29/ishareflowers/2bb1f7
Lychnis vesuvius. It looks just like orange gnome. I have both and I think they're the same.

Thumb of 2021-11-29/ishareflowers/28321b

I walked into the bedroom where I keep my seeds and the sun was hitting the lampshade just right. I thought I'd share it because I thought it was cool. 😁
Nov 29, 2021 5:23 AM CST
Boston, MA. (Zone 6a)
I seem to remember some people in the past that had listed items in another swap at the same time as one was going on had the seeds from the other swap also taken.

Is my memory not correct or did this actually happen?

There are three people in this swap that it could affect if that is the case I would like to give them fair warning.
Nov 29, 2021 7:03 AM CST
Shine Your Light!
Yes, Lisa, if you are in more than one swap and you have the same item listed in both, when the items are dibbed on, the system will zero out both. It won't actually take them from one swap to the other but it will mess up your actual count for the following swap. If that makes sense...

Nov 29, 2021 7:50 AM CST
Boston, MA. (Zone 6a)
@wildflowers. Am I thinking correctly when I think if you have two listed in this swap and two offers of the same seed in another swap that have been activated as available that the system will allow four dibs in this swap? This of course would leave zero offers for the next.

You must first create a username and login before you can reply to this thread.
Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by adknative and is called "Baby Blue Eyes"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.