Post a reply

Nov 29, 2021 8:17 AM CST
Name: Janine
NE Connecticut (Zone 6b)
Cat Lover Native Plants and Wildflowers Region: Connecticut Seed Starter Herbs Plant and/or Seed Trader
Million Pollinator Garden Challenge
ishareflowers said:I seem to remember some people in the past that had listed items in another swap at the same time as one was going on had the seeds from the other swap also taken.

Is my memory not correct or did this actually happen?

There are three people in this swap that it could affect if that is the case I would like to give them fair warning.

I just checked and something that I had listed in both swaps (and was dibbed on in the other swap) IS zeroed out in this swap. Well, that sucks. I'll go through and check my numbers. Thanks for pointing that out! ***I must've been looking at the wrong swap...I think all my numbers are OK.
PS Love your 'lamp spider'!
Last edited by janinilulu Nov 29, 2021 8:37 AM Icon for preview
Nov 29, 2021 8:38 AM CST
Name: Alana H
SE Kentucky (Zone 7a)
Greenhouse Hibiscus Seed Starter Container Gardener Keeper of Poultry Rabbit Keeper
Frogs and Toads Dog Lover Plant and/or Seed Trader Annuals Bee Lover Butterflies
Halloween lamp! Smiling

Janine and others, if you find enough seeds to replenish offerings that sold out in a concurrent swap, when you refill the quantity make sure you uncheck the green checkmark for the swap you already sold out in. It won't affect your send list for either swap.

When I am in two swaps at the same time and offer the same seeds, I make a separate entry for each swap. That takes a little more work, but I need all the help I can get keeping things straight.
Nov 29, 2021 9:14 AM CST
Name: Lisa
Boston, MA. (Zone 6a)
Birds Dog Lover Foliage Fan Hummingbirder Seed Starter Winter Sowing
Avid Green Pages Reviewer
@aprilatd1, @mountainlakecorner and @stitchwitch.

I saw that the three of you are or have joined another swap later in the season. I just wanted to let you know that anything you have checked off as available in that swap and also in the mile high swap will be depleted if you don't uncheck them from the other swaps previous to the start of tonight's swap. I hope this makes sense.

For the three of you, I suggest making everything unavailable in the other swaps that you have joined until the completion of this one to avoid any issues. This will make it so that the mile high swap cannot deplete your offerings in the other swaps..

@aprilard1.

My phone is doing the funky thing again so I can't see to change the spelling for April so I just added it again at the bottom...lol
Last edited by ishareflowers Nov 29, 2021 9:17 AM Icon for preview
Nov 29, 2021 9:33 AM CST
Name: Toni Benzing
Western Marland (Zone 5b)
Region: Maryland Dog Lover
@ishareflowers thank you, I usually put the seeds aside for each swap separately so I don't offer something I don't have. I just went back in and updated all the amounts yesterday, I will recheck to make sure I didn't overlook anything.
Like a lot of you, I hate having to enter things twice.
@wildflowers I just had the same problem with 2 cosmos because I had the color in the comments. I was able to go in and add the color to the name of the item. ( Cosmos White)
I don't know about all of you but it is almost overwhelming all the items available. I want them ALL!
Last edited by Mountainlakecorner Nov 29, 2021 11:06 AM Icon for preview
Nov 29, 2021 9:36 AM CST
NE Connecticut (Zone 6b)
Cat Lover Native Plants and Wildflowers Region: Connecticut Seed Starter Herbs Plant and/or Seed Trader
poisondartfrog said:Halloween lamp! Smiling

Janine and others, if you find enough seeds to replenish offerings that sold out in a concurrent swap, when you refill the quantity make sure you uncheck the green checkmark for the swap you already sold out in. It won't affect your send list for either swap.

When I am in two swaps at the same time and offer the same seeds, I make a separate entry for each swap. That takes a little more work, but I need all the help I can get keeping things straight.

Yep, I made separate entries and when I checked to see about the zero number I was actually looking at the swap that's over D'Oh! . So my list for Mile High is good to go. I did find a zero qty item, but that's because I checked the wrong Cosmos variety....all fixed.
Nov 29, 2021 9:41 AM CST
NE Connecticut (Zone 6b)
Mountainlakecorner said:
I don't know about all of you but it is almost overwhelming all the items available. I want them ALL!

Me, too!
Nov 29, 2021 10:48 AM CST
Name: Christine
North East Texas (Zone 7b)
Shine Your Light!
Heirlooms Native Plants and Wildflowers Organic Gardener Hummingbirder Bee Lover Herbs
Butterflies Dragonflies Birds Cat Lover Dog Lover Garden Photography
Lisa, @ishareflowers I think it depends on how you enter the amount of seeds for each item. If I check an item for two different swaps and I have one pack of seeds available for each one, it will only show one pack of seeds even though I actually have two packs of seeds. Now if I were to put two packs of seeds available, then I'll be in trouble because I won't have any left for the second swap.

Another problem with having seeds available for two different swaps is once the first swap is over and it shows zero available for the next swap, I have to go back and recheck to see how many I have available for the next swap... double work!
May your life be like a wildflower, growing freely in the beauty and joy of each day --Native American Proverb

Nov 29, 2021 11:31 AM CST
Boston, MA. (Zone 6a)
I just do not click any seeds active in a future swap until after the one I'm doing is over. It seems to work well that way or for me anyway. 😁
Nov 29, 2021 3:04 PM CST
Boston, MA. (Zone 6a)
I placed a couple of seed orders this afternoon. I'm so disappointed that one of them said they are shipping 4 to 6 weeks out!!!

There are a ton of seeds being offered. We are a small group but we're mighty 🤣

I just checked the numbers for seed packets entered and I forgot already. This is why I take screenshots Rolling on the floor laughing
Dec 5, 2021 1:41 PM CST
Name: Michelle
Cheyenne, WY (Zone 5a)
Salvias
Hi everyone! In case anyone needs another pack of seeds, I added one of Winter Savory (Satureja montana). I love the leaves' aroma. Makes me want to make a pot of bean soup! Hmmm. Maybe I'll add some crushed leaves to this morning's cheese curds...

Anyway, perhaps the best thing about this guy is it turns into a neat mound of white flowers in late summer, and the bees work the flowers from morning to night. I only wish I would learn the secret to separating the seeds! I might be able to find enough more to make another pack if there's interest.
Dec 5, 2021 2:24 PM CST
Name: Christine
North East Texas (Zone 7b)
Shine Your Light!
Heirlooms Native Plants and Wildflowers Organic Gardener Hummingbirder Bee Lover Herbs
Butterflies Dragonflies Birds Cat Lover Dog Lover Garden Photography
I couldn't resist the winter savory seed offer. Sorry to anyone that went to find it... it sounds wonderful. I love so many of the herbs that do double duty by providing deliciousness in the kitchen and keep the bees busy.

One of the bee favorites in my garden is the holy basil. It self seeds for me too. I have another pack available, but I can add more if anyone wants some, let me know. Smiling
May your life be like a wildflower, growing freely in the beauty and joy of each day --Native American Proverb

Dec 5, 2021 3:21 PM CST
Name: Michelle
Cheyenne, WY (Zone 5a)
Salvias
So glad they're going to a good home Christine! Thumbs up
Dec 5, 2021 5:58 PM CST
Boston, MA. (Zone 6a)
@janinilulu and @poisondartfrog, stop dibbing! You guys are encouraging me to go for it 🤣🤣🤣

This is the most dibs I have ever used in a swap!

Someone stop me from looking.😱

It's just a few minutes and we can all print out lists and start getting packages ready!
Dec 5, 2021 5:59 PM CST
SE Kentucky (Zone 7a)
Greenhouse Hibiscus Seed Starter Container Gardener Keeper of Poultry Rabbit Keeper
Frogs and Toads Dog Lover Plant and/or Seed Trader Annuals Bee Lover Butterflies
The most I've ever dibbed, too. It's not my fault. Blame the folks that posted all those great seeds. Hurray!
Dec 5, 2021 6:03 PM CST
Boston, MA. (Zone 6a)
Last edited by ishareflowers Dec 5, 2021 6:11 PM Icon for preview
Dec 5, 2021 6:10 PM CST
Boston, MA. (Zone 6a)
@poisondartfrog, you're right!

It's not all of our faults!

We are equally responsible for the frivolous dibbing we all did. Rolling on the floor laughing
Dec 5, 2021 7:04 PM CST
NE Connecticut (Zone 6b)
Just couldn't help myself.... Smiling
Thank you all for such a nice swap and the many, many wonderful seeds I was able to 'buy'!
Dec 5, 2021 8:10 PM CST
Name: Audrey
Pennsylvania (Zone 5b)
Photo Contest Winner 2020
Yes, I ended up with considerably more seeds than I received from last year's swap--and that one was bad enough that I had seedlings I never got around to setting out this summer. Many thanks, everybody! All this abundance may not be good for our self-discipline, but it definitely is loads of fun.
Audrey
Dec 11, 2021 8:17 AM CST
SE Kentucky (Zone 7a)
Everyone okay? I did not know what had happened in Bowling Green earlier when my phone started telling me to get up. Electricity went for a while, but that's nothing compared to the deaths and injuries in Ky, Tn, Ark and elsewhere. I hope you and your families are safe.
Dec 11, 2021 11:46 AM CST
Name: Elena
NYC (Zone 7a)
Bee Lover Vegetable Grower Plant and/or Seed Trader Spiders! Seed Starter Garden Procrastinator
Peonies Organic Gardener Orchids Irises Hybridizer Composter
I'm glad you're okay Alana! I hadn't heard how bad it was until a few minutes ago. The same system is going to hit us tonight but it shouldn't be anywhere near as bad.

You must first create a username and login before you can reply to this thread.
Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by fiwit and is called "Gazing at More Stars"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.