2. With over a million members, we are the largest social media website dedicated exclusively to gardening.
3. We maintain online tools that help gardeners connect, teach, share, and trade with each other.
4. We help gardeners research information through our continuous development of the world's largest database of plants.
5. We help gardening companies reach the public with their products, services and messages.
6. We provide gardening market research for the lawn, garden, and nursery industries.
How we accomplish these goals is detailed below. Click any of the following sections to explore NGA's most frequently used resources.
A lot of plants sold in the "annuals" section at stores are perennials that can't survive year-round outside where they are sold, so they are referred to as annuals to avoid any unrealistic expectations. Perennial plants have a range of hardiness zones, which can be easily checked if you're curious about a particular plant.
Slow Flowers Society sponsors Cut Flower Questions on the 2021 National Gardening Survey
By dave on April 23, 2021
We are so excited to announce two new benchmarks on U.S. consumer attitudes toward buying American-grown and locally-grown cut flowers! Sponsored in part by the Slow Flowers Society, the 2021 National Gardening Survey asked two new and important questions: 1. When purchasing cut flowers, how important is it that the flowers are American-grown? 2. When purchasing cut flowers, how important is it that the flowers are locally-grown?